|Click here to visit Spidertools.com.|
GP2X In Stock NOW!!
Games, Ebooks, Movies, Photos, Divx,
OGG, mp3, Tv out, USB 2.0,|
Click and get a GP2X
Project: THT - BeleniX.DVD-0.5.1 Hard Disk Install.
Installing BeleniX Operating System From a LiveDVD to Hard Disk:
|Intro||Live-DVD||First Attempt||Second Attempt||Third Attempt||Conclusion|
Hard Disk Install - First Attempt:
To begin I ran the following as root.
Selected c0d0 hard disk
No Solaris partitions existed
Proceded to partitioning the disk by selecting (Yes).
Notice about backup of current disk layout, the command to use (fdisk -F /tmp/fdisk.orig/dev/rdisk/c0d0) where to find it. There was a warning that recovery is not always possible.
Fdisk came up and displayed existing (opensuse 10.1) linux partitions, and options to reconfigure the partitions for solaris install.
2. I began to create new solaris with two partitions for for BeleniX.
The partition creation at this point was a little unusual for me, options to specify a partition size was by cylinders or percentages. I selected 5 to up date the configuration and exit.
3. Next i was given the choice if i wanted to make home a zfs part, i choose the default (yes)
4. The partitions were set up and formatted
5. The Operating System was then installed.
6. I was then asked in i wanted to install grub in the MBR, i choose the default yes
7. Then i was asked to enter a hostname and the root password
I was notified that upon reboot i can configure networking in the GUI desktop by selecting "Network Setup" from the panel.
|©2006 - 2013 YaFSUG all rights reserved.
All respective © Owners all rights reserved.